Document Type : PAPER RESULTING FROM THEORIZING
PhD Student in Department of Quran and Educational Sciences, Quran and Hadith Higher Education Complex, Al-Mustafa International University, Qom, Iran
SUBJECT AND OBJECTIVES: In this research, the Quranic-educational ideas of two contemporary Muslim thinkers: Misbah Yazdi and Abul-Ali Maududi are briefly mentioned. The goals of this research are: To discover points in the Quranic education system to review and criticize the western education system, to improve the educational methods of schools, to achieve worldly and hereafter happiness.
METHOD AND FINDING: The method of this research is descriptive, comparative and questioning (Thematic interpretation) in the the Quranic works of the mentioned scholars. The most important ideas of Misbah Yazdi are: The necessity of educating the ignorant, the capacity of human learning, the role of the teacher in education, the role of the group and imitation in learning, comprehensiveness in education, the importance of fundamental Islamic scientific research with divine motivation, the necessity of checking the competence of the teacher before starting learning; And Maududi's thoughts are: Treating the soul of the learner with proper education, evoking the emotions and nature of the learner along with the education, the compassion of the teacher and the appropriate method, the use of sensory examples for the teaching of extra-sensory subjects, the criteria of acceptance of the learner and the role of objective observation in learning.
CONCLUSION: Based on this and in accordance with the comparative analysis of these ideas and approaches, Misbah Yazdi and Maududi both consider Islam to have a system and a valuable school of thought in human sciences specially in education.
- The Holy Quran.
- Kulaini, Mohmmad bin Yaqoob (1986), al-Kafi, Res: Ali Akber Ghaffari, Vol: 1. Ed: 4th. Tehran. Islamia pub.
- Maududi, Abul Ali, Tafsir Tafhim al-Quran (Urdu) Islamic digital library. (PDF version). No Dates & Ed.
- Misbah Yazdi )2019A), Koranology. Research: Mahmoud Rajabi, V: 2. Ed: 7th .Iran. Qom. Imam Khomeini Educational and Research Institute.
- Misbah Yazdi, Mohammad Taqi(2013). Ethics in the Quran. research: Eskandari. Ed: 5th. Iran. Qom. Imam Khomeini Educational and Research Institute.
- (2005), Towards self-realization. Karim Sobhani. Ed: 4th. I. R. Iran. Imam Khomeini Educational and Research Institute.
- Ibid (2019B). In search of Islamic mysticism. edited by Naderi Qomi, Ed: 4th. R. Iran. Imam Khomeini Educational and Research Institute.
- Ibid (2009). Rastgaran. edited by: Naderi Qomi. Iran. Qom. Imam Khomeini Educational and Research Institute.
- Ibid (2003). Explorations and Challenges. Naderi Qomi, V: 1. Ed: 3rd. Iran. Qom .Imam Khomeini Educational and Research Institute.
- Ibid (2012). Philosophy of Islamic Education. Research: team of scholars, I. R. Iran, Ed: 2nd. Madarsa publ.
- Ibid (2016), The role of imitation in human life, research: Karim Sobhani, Iran. Qom. Ed: 8th. Imam Khomeini Educational and Research Institute.
- Sadat Husaini(2022), Moral Education of asdolescents on Religious Teachings. Int’l journal of Pure life. 9(32). 99-145, Autmn, serial#4.
- Siddiqui, Naeem(1998), Al-Maudodi. Ed: 5th. Pakistan. Lahore: Al-Faisal.
- - Mishkat, software by Misbah Yazdi, Imam Khomeini Educational and Research Institute, Qom, Iran
- - Jame Al-Tafaseer, Computer Research Center of Noor Islamic Sciences, Iran, Qom.