Document Type : ORIGINAL RESEARCH PAPER
PhD Student in Department of Specialized Jurisprudence, Jurisprudence Higher Education Complex, Al-Mustafa International University, Qom, Iran
Assistant Professor in Department of Jurisprudence and the Fundaments of Islamic Law, Faculty of Humanities, Islamic Azad University, Qom, Iran, and Vice-Chancellor of Fiqh Higher Education Complex
SUBJECT AND OBJECTIVES: Since freedom is one of the common desires of humanity and is rooted in human nature, there is a lot of literature about it. However, in Islamic jurisprudence, this word has a little history and it is referred to as a new issue. The debates raised by Islamic thinkers often do not look at the issue from a jurisprudential angle. This research tries to fill this gap. By emphasizing on Infallible imams school, the research describes the realm of freedom and its impact on contemporary life from a religious viewpoint with the aim of explaining the nature, limits and dimensions of freedom from a jurisprudential angle.
METHOD AND FINDING: By using the method of qualitative analysis and referring to the verses and narrations and the opinions and opinions of Shia jurists and thinkers, it has reached the following findings: A: The principle of freedom is approved by religion and the school of infallible imams. B: Only freedom that is in the service and in the direction of achieving worldly and hereafter happiness is approved. C: Freedom in Islam is a means, not a goal. D: Political freedom is compatible with the theory of religious democracy.
CONCLUSION: The article has concluded that the limit of human freedom in the school of infallible imams is where freedom becomes a barrier to the eternal happiness of an individual or human society.
- The Holy Quran.
- A group of scholars under the supervision of Sayyid Mahmud Hashemi Shahroudi (2005). culture of jurisprudence in accordance with the religion of Ahl al-Bayt. Institute of Encyclopedia of Islamic Jurisprudence on the religion of Ahl al-Bayt, Qom.
- Al-Helli, Ja'far b. Hasan (1988). Shari'a al-Islam fi Ha'il al-Halal and al-Haram. Research: 'Abd al-Husayn Muhammad Ali Beghal, Ismaili Institute, Qom,
- Alipour Gorji, Mahmoud (2013). Application of Vision Method in Political Freedom of the Islamic Republic of Iran, Seminary and University Research Institute, Qom.
- Ansari, Morteza (1996). Ketab al-Mokasab, Research: Research Group in Congress, World Congress commemorating The Great Sheykh of Ansari, Qom.
- Arabshahi Moghadam, Abd al-Mahdi (2013). “Jurisprudential foundations and political-social freedoms.” Transcendent Policy Quarterly, Vol. 2, n. 7. pp. 119-136.
- Badra, Mohammad Sheta (2017). “Explaining the Guardianship of the Islamic Jurist in Selecting the Approach Index in the Triple of Necessity, Expediency and Tyranny.” International Multidisciplinary Journal of Pure Life (IMJPL) 4, no. 9, pp. 153–70.
- Bateni, Seyed Mohammad Amin (2015). Our Great Imam (Text of the Statements of the Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution, Grand Ayatollah Khamenei) at the anniversary of imam Khomeini's demise from 1990 to 2014) (1394SH). Institute for the Preservation and Dissemination of Sacred Defense Values, Besharat Cultural Institute, Tehran.
- Foundation for publication of works and thoughts of Martyr Ayatollah Dr. Beheshti (2007). Azadi, Any Chaos, Bullying (Roundtable between Ayatollah Beheshti - Habibollah Peyman - Mehdi Fatapour - Noureddine Kianuri). Monument Publications, Tehran.
- Ha'iri, Sayyid Kazim (2003). Al-Amar Wayyar al-Asr al-Ghaba' province, Islamic Thought Assembly, Qom.
- Jafar Pishehfard, Mostafa (2006). Intellectual Challenges of Velayat-e Faqih Theory, Book Park, Qom.
- Javadi Amoli, Abdollah (2004). Velayat-e Faqih, Velayat-e Faqih and Justice, Israa Publishing Center, Qom.
- Khamenei, Ali (2023). “Statements in the students' Ramadan meeting.” Office of preservation and publication of the works of Ayatollah Khamenei. Url: www.khamenei.ir.
- Kleini, Muhammad b. Ya'qub (2008). Al-Kafi, Research: Researchers at the Research Center of Dar al-Hadith, Dar al-Hadith Lalba'a and al-Nashr, Qom.
- Lakzai, Sharif (2003). Political Freedom in the Thought of Ayatollah Motahhari and Ayatollah Beheshti, Book Park, Qom.
- Lakzai, Sharif and Keikha, Najmeh (2015). “Freedom in the Qur’an: Exploring Possibility or Impossibility.” Sepehr Siyyat Quarterly, Vol. 2, n. 4, pp. 89-108.
- Management of fundamental researches of the Deputy of Research of the Supreme Leader's representative in universities (2011). Pajhwok wilayat Imam Khomeini in the eyes of the Supreme Leader, Education Publishing Office, Qom.
- Mir Ahmadi, Mansour (2002). Freedom in Islamic Political Philosophy, Book Park, Qom.
- Misbah Yazdi, Mohammad Taqi (2013). Freedom of the Unsaid and Facts, Farhang Islamic Publishing House, Tehran.
- Montazeri, Hussin Ali (2008). Religious Government and Human Rights, Arghavan Danesh, Qom.
- Motahari, Morteza (1982). Spiritual Speeches, Sadra Publications, Tehran.
- Naini, Mirza Muhammad Hasin (1992). Al-Mukasib and al-Bay'a, Taqir Mirza Muhammad Taqi Amoli, Islamic Publications Office, Qom.
- Najafi, Mohammad Hassan (1984). Jawahir al-Kalam in "Sharh Sha'ree al-Islam", research: Abbas Quchani-Ali Akhundi, Dar Ihiya al-Tarath al-Arabi, Beirut.
- Office for the cooperation of the Ministry and the University (1989). An Income on Islamic Law, The Organization for the Study and Compilation of Humanities Books of Universities", Tehran.
- Rabbani Golpayegani, Ali (2003). Freedom and Democracy from the Perspective of Islam and Liberalism, Educational-Research Institute of Islamic Religions, Qom.
- Razavi, Syede Zahra, and Mahdi Sazandegi (2015). “Investigating and Explaining the Concept of Family Lifestyle from the Perspective of Islam.” International Multidisciplinary Journal of Pure Life (IMJPL) 2, no. 3, pp. 93–121.
- Rosenthal, France (2000). The Concept of Freedom from the Perspective of Muslims, Translated: Mansour AmirAhmadi, Publications of The Office of Islamic Propaganda, Qom.
- Rostamian, Mohammad Ali (2002). Political Rule of the Infallibles, Secretariat of the Assembly of Experts, Qom.
- Saduq, Muhammad b. 'Ali (1993). I la Yahdara al-Faqih, Islamic Publications Office, Qom.
- Sharifani, Mohammad and Marfat, Mohammad (2022). Analytical and comparative research on types of freedom from the perspective of Islam and the West, Ethical Research Quarterly, 13th year, number 2, pp. 133-156.
- Sobhani, Jafar (2005). Freedom and Theocracy, Imam Sadiq Publications Institute, Qom.
- Tabatabai, Sayyid Muhammad Husayn (n.d). Principles of Philosophy and The Method of Realism, with Introductions and Footnotes by Shahid Morteza Motahari, Islamic Publications Office, Qom.
- Tusi, Muhammad b. Hasan (1984). Tahdhib al-Ahkam, Dar al-Katb al-Islamiyya, Tehran.