Document Type : ORIGINAL RESEARCH ARTICLE
1 *PhD Student in Department of Ethics, Faculty of Hadith Sciences and Teachings, University of Quran and Hadith, Qom, Iran (Corresponding Author)
2 Associate Prof. in Department of Ethics, Faculty of Hadith Sciences and Teachings, University of Quran and Hadith, Qom, Iran
SUBJECT AND OBJECTIVES: Companying with revelation and other human faculties like sense and heart, Intellect is the perceptive faculty as one of the most significant fundaments of human Ma'rifat (recognition). It is important to know the position of Intellect in the epistemic geometry of Islam, especially Islamic ethics which lead human truth. In order to realize Intellect and its position among fundamentals of epistemology, the view of some precedent scholars like Sheikh Saduq is prominent since the proximity of his age to the presence of infallible Imams and finding minor occultation era.
METHOD AND FINDING: Aiding a descriptive-analytical method, we seek for the position of intellect as one of epistemological fundamentals of ethics and their rank of influence on ethical Ma'rifat based on theological thoughts of Sheikh Saduq. We have defined Intellect from the perspective of epistemology as the source of knowledge. Then, we have dealt with the types of Intellect, including theoretical and practical ones, and finding the particular type considered in epistemology.
CONCLUSION: Even though, Sheikh Saduq is counted as a textualist thinker but intellect in his thought is considered as an independent source in the scope of intellectual problems, which authenticates the other sources of recognition. Intellect is also mentioned as the primary source of recognition, and in company with revelation is known as the main causes of recognition.
I hereby express my gratitude to the officials and reviewers of Pure Life Journal who worked hard to promote and publish my article, and I hope to benefit from their assistance in publishing research articles in the future.
- The Holy Quran.
- Abedi, Ahmed (2006). Theological School. Qom: Zaer Publications.
- Atkinson, Ronald (1990). An Introduction to Philosophy of Ethics. Translated by Sohrab Alavinia. Tehran: Translation and Publishing Center.
- Berenjkar, Reza. and Syed Mohsen Mousavi (2010). Sheikh Sadouq's Rationalism and his being a Theologian. Ulum-i of Hadith. Vol. 15 (Issue. 57): 34-60.
- Frankena, William (2003). Philosophy of Ethics. Translated by Hadi Sadeghi. Qom: Kitab Taha.
- Ibn Babiwayh Qomi (Saduq), Muhammad ibn Ali (2011). Al-Hidayah. Qom: Payam Imam Hadi Publications.
- Ibn Babiwayh Qomi (Saduq), Muhammad ibn Ali (2014). Ilal al-sharayi. Translated by: Mohammad Ali Soltani. Tehran: Armaghan Tuba Publications.
- Ibn Babiwayh Qomi (Saduq), Muhammad ibn Ali (1993). Al’Itiqadat. Translated by: Syed Muhammad Ali Hasani. Tehran: Islamiyah Publications.
- Ibn Babiwayh Qomi (Saduq), Muhammad ibn Ali (1983). Ma’ani Al-Akhbar. Qom: Jami’ah Mudarisin Publications.
- Ibn Babiwayh Qomi (Saduq), Muhammad ibn Ali (2000). Al-Tawhid. Translated by: Mohammad Ali Soltani. Tehran: Armaghan Tuba Publications.
- Ibn Babiwayh Qomi (Saduq), Muhammad ibn Ali (1958). Uyoun Akhbar al-Ridha. Tehran: Jahan Publications.
- Javadi, Mohsen. and Qobad Mohammadi Sheikhi (1999). The Semantics of Goodness and Badness in the Muslim Scholars’ Perspective. Ayene Marefat. Vol. 8 (Issue. 16): 45-76.
- Khawas, Amir. Hosseini Ghale Bahman, Akbar. Dabiri, Ahmad. Sharifi, Ahmad Hossein. and Ali Pakpoor (2006). Philosophy of Ethics. Qom: Ma’arif Publication.
- Locke, John (2003). An Essay on Human Understanding. Translated by: Shafaq Rezazadeh. Tehran: Shafi'I Publications.
- Majlisi, Mohammad Taghi (1986). Rawdat al-Mutaqin. Qom: Kushanpoor Islamic Cultural Institute.
- Misbah Yazdi, Mohammad Taghi (2013). Amoozeh Falsafe (Teaching of Philosophy). Qom: The Imam Khomeini Educational and Research Institute Publications.
- Moser, Paul. and Trout Mulder (2007). The Theory of Knowledge: A Thematic Introduction. Translated by: Rahmatullah Rezaei. Qom: The Imam Khomeini Educational and Research Institute Publications.
- Muzaffar, Mohammad Reza (2002). Usul al-Fiqh. Qom: Nashr al-Islami Institute.
- Nasir al-Din Tusi, Mohammad ibn Mohammad (1992). Akhlaq-i Nasiri. Tehran: Islamic Publication Office.
- O'Neill, Onora (1995). Towards Justice and Virtue: A Constructive Account of Practical Reasoning. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Pakatchi, Ahmad (1991). The Great Encyclopedia of Islam. Tehran: Islamic Encyclopedia Center.
- Rabbani Golpayegani, Ali (2012). Husn va Qubh of Rational. Based on the Opinions of Ayatollah Sobhani Tabrizi. Qom: Imam Sadiq Institute
- Salariyan, Ruhollah. Afsharpour, Mojtaba. and Mohammad-Hossein Salehi (2022). Characteristics of Near-Death Experiences (NDE) according to the Transcendent Wisdom and its Function in giving Meaning to Human Life. International Multidisciplinary Journal of Pure Life. Vol. 9 (Issue. 30): 143-173.
- Seyedwakili, Seyed hadi (2013). The Position of Intellect in Imamyiah Transmitters’ (Sheikh Kolayni va Sheikh Saduq). Theological Studies. Vol. 1 (Issue. 4): 151-172.