Document Type : ORIGINAL RESEARCH ARTICLE
1 PhD Student of Comparative Jurisprudence, Department of Specialized Jurisprudence, Jurisprudence Higher Education Complex, Al-Mustafa International University, Qom, Iran (Corresponding Author)
2 Assistant Professor in Department of Jurisprudence and the Fundaments of Islamic Law, Faculty of Humanities, Islamic Azad University, Qom, Iran
SUBJECT AND OBJECTIVES: The effect of time and place in rulings is accepted by all Islamic scholars; but in relation to applying rulings to examples and determining the scope of authority of the Islamic ruler, less work has been done in relation to the rulings. Especially regarding the first ruling on the belongings of zakat, two opinions have been raised by the jurists- obligatory and desirable- and the main reason for the difference is the conflicting traditions.
METHOD AND FINDING: This research is about the role of time and place in the obligation of zakat property, based on a descriptive and analytical research methods. It seems that in the present era, due to the role of time and place in the belongings of zakat, it is necessary to develop zakat items, and this matter is proved by the various evidences mentioned in this article. All Islamic scholars recognise the effect of time and place in rulings. Particularly regarding the first ruling on the belongings of zakat, two opinions have been raised by jurists- obligatory and desirable- and they are the main reason for the difference in conflicting traditions.
CONCLUSION: According to today's developments and changes in societal needs, as well as the philosophy of zakat legislation, which is to satisfy material needs and revitalise human spiritual life, the zakat belongings should be reconsidered, and societal needs should be based on the discretion of the Islamic ruler and changes. to identify an additional source of wealth, it would seem that developing the issue of zakat things is necessary in the modern day given the importance of time and place in zakat possessions.
- Allocation of Zakat
- Commercial Property
- Requirements of Time
- Requirements of Place
- Islamic Economic System
I thank God Almighty for giving me the opportunity to write such an article, and I also thank all the professors and those who helped me in the path of acquiring knowledge and culture.
- The Holy Quran.
- Ashtiani, Mirza Mohammad Hasan (1990). Ketab al-Ghaza (Book of Judiciary). Tehran: Rangin Printing House.
- Ibn Babawayh qomi (Sadoq), Mohammad ibn Ali (1943). Man La Yahdara al-Faqih. Edited by: Ali-Akbar Ghaffari. Qom: Nashar Islamic Publishing House.
- Ibn Babawayh Qomi (Sadoq), Mohammad ibn Ali (1994). Al-Muqna. Qom: Imam Hadi Institute.
- Imam Khomeini, Syed Ruhollah (2006). Sahifeh Noor. 4th Edition. Tehran: Editing and Publishing Works of Imam Khomeini.
- Kolyni, Mohammad ibn Yaqoob (1967). Kitab al-Kafi. Researched by: Mohammad Hossein Drayat. Qom: Dar al-Hadith.
- Maki Amili, Mohammad ibn Jamal-o-din (1988). Al-Qavaed va al-Favaed. Qom: Mofid Books.
- Motahari, Morteza (1999). Collection of Works. Tehran: Sadra Publishing.
- Muqaddas Ardabili, Ahmad ibn Mohammad (2000). Majma’ al-Faeda va al-Borhan. Edited by: Hussein Yazdi, Mojtabi Iraqi and Ali-Panah Ishtehardi. Qom: Islamic Publishing Corporation.
- Rezaei, Mohammad Ali (1995). Doctrines about the Influence of Time and Place on Ijtihad. Qom: Imam Khomeini Jurisprudence Congress.
- Sadr, Syed Mohammad Baqir (2000). Iqtisadu-na. Beirut: Dar al-Ta’aruf li-l-Matbu’at.
- Sadr, Syed Mohammad Baqir (2012). Lessons in the Science of Fundamentals (1) Qom: Majma al-Shaheyd.
- Safouraei Parizi, Mohammad Mahdi (2021). Analyzing the Women’s Role in the Family Economy based on Religious Teachings. International Multidisciplinary Journal of PURE LIFE. Vol. 8 (Issue. 28): 105-127.
- Sobhani, Jafar (1990). Imam Khomeini's Science and Practice. Kihan AndiSheh. Vol. 6 (Isuue. 29): 3-14.
- Tabarsi, Fadl ibn Hasan (1953). Majma’ al-Bayan fi Tafsir al-Quran. Tehran: Nasser-Khosro Publications.
- Zamani, Mahmoud (1990). The Role of Time and Space in Ijtihad from the Point of View of Martyr Sadr. Naqd va Nazar. Vol. 2 (Issue 5): 222-247.