Document Type : PAPER DERIVED FROM THESIS
Department of English Language Translation, Faculty of English Language, Mofid University, Qom, Iran, and MA of Quran Interpretation and Studies (Corresponding Author)
Department of Economics, Faculty of Art and Social Sciences, University of Karachi, Karachi, Pakistan, and PhD in Religious Studies
SUBJECT AND OBJECTIVES: The subject of this research is to explain the philosophy of pilgrimage of the Holy Prophets and infallible people and its effect on giving meaning to human life. In this regard, the purpose of this article is to achieve a comprehensive knowledge of the category of pilgrimage, philosophy of pilgrimage and its role and impact on contemporary human life.
METHOD AND FINDING: In order to achieve the main subject and achieve the objectives of the research, with the method of qualitative research of the type of library studies and reviewing documents, verses and narrations and rational reasons, an attempt was made to process the research problem. The research findings also confirm the positive approach to the category of pilgrimage and the philosophy of pilgrimage and its positive role in giving meaning to human life.
CONCLUSION: At the end of the article and in conclusion, it was concluded that the category of pilgrimage from a religious and intellectual point of view is a matter of approval and those who go on pilgrimage, understand its material and spiritual effects in their lives. In this article, each of these topics has been thoroughly studied and verses and narrations have been used in them.
- The Holy Quran.
- Abi Dawud, Sulayman ibn Ash’ath (2009). Sunan Abi Dawud. Damascus: Dar al-Resalah al-Alamia.
- Hakim Naisaburi, Mohammad ibn Abdullah (2002). Al-Mustadrak ala al-Sahihayn. Beirut: Dar al-Fekr.
- Ibn Babawayh Qummi (Saduq), Mohammad ibn Ali (1993). Man la Yahzoro al-Faqih. 2nd Edition. Qom: Dar al-Kitab.
- Ibn Kathir, Ismail ibn Umar (1977). Al-Bidayah wa-al-Nihayah. Riyadh: Maktabat al-Maarif.
- Ibn Qulawayh Qomi, Ja'Far ibn Mohammad (1938). Kamil al-Ziyarat. Najaf: Dar al-Mortazavieh.
- Imam Reza, Ali ibn Musa (1986). Fiqh o al-Reza. Mashhad: Moassesat Aalulbayt.
- Kashi, Mohammad ibn Umar (1984). Rijal al-Kashi. Qom: Aalulbayt Institute.
- Kulayni, Mohammad ibn Yaqub (1987). Kitab al-Kafi. 4th Edition. Tehran: Dar ul-Kitab.
- Majlesi, Mohammad Baqer (1983). Bihar al-Anwar. Bairut: Dar Ihya al-Turath al-Arabi.
- Mofid, Abu Abdullah Mohammad ibn Mohammad (1993). Kitab al-Irshad. Qom: Aalulbayt Institute.
- Muttaqi Hindi, Ala al-Din Ali ibn Abd-al-Malik Husam al-Din (1993). Kanz al-Ummal. Beirut: Muasisatur-Risalah.
- Muzaffar, Mohammad Reza (2010). Belief Issues From the Perspective of Shiism. 13th Edition. Qom: Ansariyan Publications.
- Qushayri Naisaburi, Muslim ibn Hajjaj (2017). Sahih Muslim. Amman: Dar al-Manhal Publishers.
- Rezvani, Ali Asghar (2006). Shiism and the Answer to Doubts. Tehran: Mashar Publication.
- Tabarani, Sulayman ibn Ahmad (1986). Al-Mojam Al-Kabir. Beirut: Dar Ihya al-Turath al-Arabi.
- Tabatabai, Syed Mohammad Husayn (2009). Al-Mizan fi Tafsir al-Quran. Tehran: Dar al-Kotob al-Eslami.
- Tusi, Abu Jafar Mohammad ibn Hasan (1985). Thadhib al-Ahkam. Tehran: Dar al-Kotob al-Eslamieh.